Support Ottawa Suzuki Strings
We achieve our mission by…
- using a method inspired by the pedagogical philosophy of Shinichi Suzuki
- providing a well-balanced learning experience
- working with a well-trained faculty
- offering private and group lessons
- including various string instruments – violin, viola, cello, guitar and voice
- encouraging performances for various age groups
To complete this mission, we count on the generous donation of the community members and the parents of the students attending the school. Your contributions help strengthen the musical community in the National Capital region.
OSS is a CRA Registered Charity
Ottawa Suzuki Strings Bursary Fund
Available to new students as well as existing ones, this fund enables promising students facing financial constraints to attend the School. Applications may be submitted at any time to the school administrator.
Rosemarie Klimasko Scholarship Fund
Scholarships from this fund will be awarded only to existing OSS students who:
- have a good history of attending group classes
- eagerly commit to our concerts in the community
- demonstrate leadership skills and camaraderie with their peers in group classes and outside venues
- exhibit sound practice habits in the studio and fine performances in studio recitals
Scholarships will be awarded once a year toward the end of the OSS school year. Those interested in applying for a scholarship should write to the school administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in starting or continuing your child in Suzuki music instruction?
To start please read our faculty biographies. Then contact our School Director Judy Ginsburg who will help you choose and contact a teacher in your area. Judy may be reached at email@example.com or by phone at (613) 369-4376.
To complete the registration process please submit the Registration and Volunteer Forms.
Ottawa Suzuki Strings depends on volunteer power! We thank you in advance for volunteering (4 hours or more per year).
We count on the generous donation of community members.
We would like to recognize the Algonquin Anishinabeg Nation, on whose traditional unceded territory we operate. We gratefully acknowledge them as the past, present and future stewards of this land.
© Ottawa Suzuki Strings. All rights reserved.